Karela is profoundly grown in Asian and sub-tropical climates. It makes an essential detoxifier and skin cleanser. Regular intake of this bitter herb helps boost the immune system while removing all unnecessary toxins. Bitter guard is considered a fruit as it has seeds. However, the most common usage of this fruit is as a vegetable, often used for cooking.We make many recipes with Bitter guard ,one of this recipes is most liked in my family .
- Clean and wash karela in salt water .It reduces some bitterness . chop it into small pieces and keep them aside.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and red chillies and grind it into powder .
- Fry the chopped karela in a sauce pan with little oil . Add salt and cook for some time .
- Then take this cooked karela long with ground jaggery and tamrind juice, grind it coarsely. Add little water and add the ground sesame seeds powder to it . Mix well and remove it in bowl.
- Then heat little oil in a pan .add mustard seeds and methi leaves ,hing and curry leaves and red chilli .Pour this into the chutney.
- Serve this chutney as side to rice .