This recipe is not the traditional aviyal prepared in Kerala .I tried this variety of recipe in suggestion of our Aunty . You can try this simple variety ,easy to cook and very healthy.
- Take fresh vegetables of you choice ,like yellow pumpkin, potato , beans , carrot ,drumstick ,mango (optional),green peas ,double beans etc.
- Clean ,wash and cut the vegetables into 1 inch pieces .Pressure cook them for 1 whistle and keep them aside.
- Coarsely grind grated coconut ,onions 1 big ,green chillies , cumin seeds (jeera).
- Keep the cooked vegetables on the stove and add in the coarsely grounded ingredients .Add salt to tatse ,cook till the raw smell goes off . Add little curd to itand mix well.
- Temper some mustard seeds ,urad dal and curry leaves in 1/2 tsp oil and add to the curry.
- Serve hot with rice and papad