We can use Sago (popularly known as sabudana in Hindi) to make variety of dishes. Personally my favorite is sabudana khichadi. But I wanted to try out something new with Sabudana. I made this special sweet dish out of Sabudana as suggested by one of my Aunties. She won First Prize in a contest by making this healthy and tasty sweet recipe without oil and ghee. I would recommend this dish to the health conscious souls out there i as it does not need any frying.
- Take 1 cup sago /sabudana and 1 cup sugar
- Keep fresh grated coconut ready. Soak sabudana for an hour .Then take 4 cups of water and 1 cup sugar and keep it on gas. Allow sugar to dissolve and then boil .
- Boil this sabudana get cooked and comes into smooth consistency.
- Add kesari colour to it and pour it into a plate and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Take little portion with spoon and place it on the plate with grated coconut added with pinch of salt in it.
- Roll this mixture on the grated coconut and place it in a plate .
- Refrigerate this balls for sometime and serve it chill.