Cabbage is very good source of vitamin K .It contains an adequate amount of minerals like potassium, iron, magnesium .It ia an annual vegetable crop for its dense leaved heads. We can use cabbage in many ways .here I made this recipes in suggestion of one my old friend .Cabbage prepared along with dal is very healthy and nutirtional dish ,very rich in proteins too.
- Clean and chop cabbage and keep it aside .
- Cook 1 cup toor dal in pressure cooker and keep it aside .
- Boil cabbage with little water and salt till it is soft .
- Then grind grated coconut with green chilli and pepper powder .Keep it aside
- Add cooked cabbage to dal and add ground masala also and mix well bring to boil. Add salt ,tumeric , little tamrind juice and water and make it little liquid and boil again.Adding tamrind juice is optional ,if you like to without it is also fine .
- Temper little oil with mustard seeds, jeera ,red chilli and hing and allow it to splutter and pour this into dal .
- Add coriander leaves , curry leaves to dal and remove from flame and serve hot with rice.